Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday Resource: Graphic Organizers

Happy Fourth of July! It's summer, that time of year when I bookmark sites so that I can find them when school starts and I don't have a lot of time to be hunting around. So today begins our first Monday Resource. I hope you find it helpful!

The one thing I spend the most time doing research on is finding graphic organizers. I am not the type of person to decide that one version of a story map, a spider web, and a Venn diagram will meet all of my needs and be the perfect fit for all of my students. I am extremely aware of the fact that there are different sorts of thinkers with different needs. For example, I am a linear thinker. That means that things like lists and the Cornell Notes template are perfect for me. But they're not for everyone.

Imagine my delight when I found the graphic organizers at Freeology.com. They have pages and pages of free, downloadable (and printable) graphic organizers. According to the sidebar, they have numerous other resources as well. The wide variety of graphic organizers makes this site's materials useful for any age, including college students. Students in any setting can download any of these themselves to meet their own study needs.

The sidebar also shows journal topics, which are divided into categories including Creative Response and Values.

Please leave a note in the comments below if you found a particular graphic organizer you liked, a particular resource from Freeology.com, or you have links to share for other graphic organizer sites that you like!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment