Friday, August 12, 2011

Ready for Monday!

School starts on Monday, August 15th for us. I couldn't put much on the actual walls, because they're going to be painted still. The two red places next to the Promethean Board are just paper taped up to cover up the ghastly spot where the bulletin board or chalkboard used to be.

Our school is in a very transitional neighborhood. Every year I make stuff with names on it, and 7-8 students don't show up, but a bunch of different ones do, and I quickly run out. This year, the desks just say boy or girl. When students arrive, they can choose (visitors today have their spots picked out). Between the students and I, we'll put their names on their desks, mailboxes, cards, folders, notebooks, etc.

The two green bins have recess balls and jump ropes. The circular things are hula hoops. The last week of school last year, I had my class make "Welcome to Fourth Grade" signs for the incoming class. The blue baskets with the empty bottom shelf are for SFA (reading). We don't start that for two weeks. Each basket is for one group, and the bottom shelf will be for the SFA book bucket.

A friend of mine gave me the teapot, which has cats on it. It combines two things I love! I do still have to get a couple of lesson plans done, and I have to post the language objectives. Otherwise, I'm good to go!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment