Monday, July 16, 2012


I recently went to my first teacher workshop at Jonathan's. There I discovered something that would be absolutely brilliant for me, and perhaps you as well. My problem: I have many posters (since I'm beginning my 14th year of teaching), but generally what goes up for the first day of school stays there until it's time to take them down for the AIMS testing week. Sometimes I even actually think about putting one up, but then decide that it only covers one day's math lesson and is too much work for that, etc. At the workshop the other participant and I took a math poster and a handy poem for remembering types of triangles, and did our thing. My book pages aren't attached yet, but the pictures are below. Here's the thing -- I think this is awesome! I can see using my posters that are languishing in darkness and turning them into books that are accessible the entire year. Are you finished early? Great -- go read a poster book. Additionally, many people can process what they read better if it's in their hands and they can touch it, than if it's stapled to a bulletin board. If I get more done, I will post them here! In the meantime... Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments:

Post a Comment